- 1 Medium Eggplant
- 1/2 C. Soy Milk
- 2 C. Italian Bread Crumbs (wheat if you can find it)
- 1 C. Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce
- 1C. Daiya Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- 1C. Daiya Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Slice Eggplant lengthwise to form 1/4″ thin “lasagna noodles”
- Place soy milk in shallow dish
- Mix bread crumbs and panko in another shallow dish
- Dip Eggplant into egg mixture and then transfer to crumbs to coat.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 min. on each side.
- When Eggplant is tender and browned it is ready for layering.
- Place a small amount of sauce at base of 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Lay down first layer of “noodles” top with spaghetti sauce and 1/4 c. of each cheese.
- Continue to layer ending with sauce and cheese on top.
- Bake again for 30 minutes until cooked through
- I kept this recipe very basic so the kids will enjoy it as well. I would suggest for those interested in a more complex dish you get creative and add mushrooms, spinach, sliced carrots and zucchini!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 379
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 954
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 53
- Protein: 19
- Cholesterol: 1