Do you make candies to give for gifts or do you make them to eat for yourself.
Candies and chocolate are a great gift to give for the holiday season…
and make a wonderful hostess gift for all those parties that you will be going to.
Did you know that the first candies were used as medicinal purposes?
Today’s peppermints and cough drops are candies that came about for that purpose.
In Ancient times, candies where made of honey and sugar
and fruit and nuts were coated in these.
Candies and chocolates have come a long way!
You can make candies very simply but dipping pretzels, nuts or even fruit into chocolate
to more complicated by making designs and using different colors of chocolate and layers in your molds.
The Snowman pop was given as a gift and made by a dear friend of ours. She makes many dozen of chocolates and candies to give out and also has used them at church fundraisers. Her chocolates are delicious and I hope someday mine will be even half as good as hers. The pretzels are dipped in melted chocolate ~ you can use almond bark, chocolate wafers, different types of chocolate bars ie) Hershey’s or Ghirardelli. The plastic spoons are also dipped in chocolate and then I sprinkled crushed candy canes over the melted chocolate.
Here are a few candies and chocolates from a few of my foodie friends and myself
for you to start your Christmas candy making
- a collection of different candies you can make
1. This and That ~ Salted Caramels
2. This and That ~ Homemade Turtles
3. This and That ~ Dove Fudge
4. This and That ~ Pumpkin Spice Fudge
5. Feeding Big ~ Chocolate Mint Candy
6. Feeding Big ~ Mint and Chocolate Bark
7. Walking on Sunshine ~ Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
8. Walking on Sunshine ~ Chocolate Covered Peanuts
9. A’lil Country Sugar ~ Buckeyes
10. A’lil Country Sugar ~ Cookie Dough Truffles
11. This and That ~ Mock Cuban Lunch Bars
Happy Candy and Chocolate Making !