- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 Tablespoons cold butter, sliced into 1 Tablespoon sized slices
- the zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- !Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- With a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
- Gently stir in lemon zest and blueberries.
- Stir in cream just until the flour mixture is moistened, being careful not to burst the berries.
- Turn out onto a well floured surface and knead lightly just until it all comes together, again being careful not to burst the berries.
- Press dough into a disk about an inch thick and place on prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and done in the center.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before glazing.
- Stir together lemon juice and confectioners sugar until smooth.
- Drizzle over scones.