My daughter has the opportunity to try lots of new after school activities at her elementary school, and last month she decided to try a “Fun Foods” class, in which she learned how to make several easy to prepare, kid friendly snacks. Her favorite snack to prepare was “Melted Snowmen”, which is a marshmallow treat that looks like a half melted snowman. It’s an easy, fun snack for kids to make!
Kid Friendly Snacks: Melted Snowmen
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Jumbo marshmallows; two marshmallows for each snowman. Slightly melt one of the marshmallows by placing it in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Don’t microwave too long or the marshmallow will become dry and hardened.
- Graham crackers; half of one full sized graham cracker for each snowman
- Red licorice, peeled lengthwise into strips
- Hershey’s kisses; one for each snowman
- Candy corn; one for each snowman
- Black gel icing for eyes
- Place the slightly melted marshmallow on top of the graham cracker and press down lightly to give the “melted” look. Place the second unmelted marshmallow on top of the first. This will be the snowman’s head.
- Place one strip of licorice around the unmelted marshmallow-this will be the snowman’s scarf
- Place one Hershey’s kiss on top of the unmelted marshmallow-this will be the snowman’s hat. You can use a drop of icing to stick the Hershey’s kiss to the marshmallow.
- Poke a small hole in the front of the unmelted marshmallow. The hole should be just big enough to stick the candy corn into the marshmallow. This will be the snowman’s carrot nose.
- Use black gel icing to draw eyes on the snowman.