Looking for Chocolate Reicpes? It’ s your lucky day… It’s
International Chocolate Day!
I think Chocolate Day should be everyday, don’t YOU?
Today September 13th is International Chocolate Day….
A day to eat chocolate and not feel guilty about it.
The most common types of chocolate are white, dark, semi-sweet, sweet-dark, unsweetened. These can be used in many types of baking and cooking and of course just to eat. Did you know that chocolate can be used for other things then eating?
Other uses for chocolate
1. To help your teeth stay healthy. There is said to be an extract in cocoa powder which may be just as effective for teeth as fluoride. Next time you go to you dentist ask them if you should be eating more chocolate.
2. Improves circulation. Studies have shown that eating a small amount of dark chocolate every day is beneficial to your heart by improving blood flow and may help prevent clots.
3. Improves memory. Along with increasing the blood flow to your heart, dark chocolate also increasing the blood flow to your brain. It can also help to reduce strokes.
4. As a Spa Treatment. It contains antioxidants so it is good for your skin.
5. Lifts your mood. As it can increase the blood flow, has a mild stimulant in it, and it can make you happy it is the natural choice to go for. Most women will agree.
6. Used as money. The Mayans used cocoa beans as currency. So the saying money doesn’t grow on trees isn’t quite right.
7. Help you sleep better. Chocolate contains tryptophan, which is important in the production of Serotonin. Serotonin helps relax your mind and body.. Just make sure you eat dark and not milk chocolate as milk chocolate is a stimulant. One to keep you up and one to help you sleep ~ what could be better?
The moral of the story is that if you want some chocolate, go for it…
Your body and mind may just thank you..
Just remember moderation is the key and which type you eat…
Have fun and enjoy
Eat a piece of chocolate today!
Chocolate Recipes for you to enjoy
Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola ~ Simple, Clean and Homemade
Chocolate Cauliflower Quinoa Bites ~ This and That
Peanut butter Chocolate Caramel Corn ~ This and That
S’Mores Pizza ~ Just Dip it in Chocolate
Chocolate Zucchini Cake ~ Sandi’s Allery Free Recipes
Chocolate Polka Dot Apple Cake ~ Something Sweet Winnie’s Blog
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie ~ Binomial Baker
Mexican Sundae Cheesecake Bars ~ Cozy Country Living
Dark Chocolate Cherry Pecan Brownies ~ Yesterfood
Flourless Chocolate Torte ~ Create with Joy
Nanaimo Bar Cheesecake ~ This and That
Zesty Double Chocolate Chewy Cookies ~ Ange’s Kitchen & Food Travel
Just in case you are in need of more chocolate recipes.. Head over to our Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party
check out the chocolate recipes or link up a few of your own.
Also take a peek at Chocolate Pudding Recipe!