Today I’m going to share with you a Daily Dish Tip for
“How to Wash Pillows”
I will admit I have never washed my pillows, but that is
about to change after today’s post and I hope for you too!
From my research on line, it’s not really hard to wash pillows
but for some reason we all neglect to throw the pillows into the
washing machine every now and then.
I’m always thinking they’re going to fall apart and not be the
same when I pull them out of the dryer.
- Begin by filling the tub of your washing machine with HOT water. You want to kill all the dust mites that are living in the pillows.
- Add the laundry detergent along with 1/4 cup bleach.
- As soon as the tub is filled with water, add the pillows…you only want to wash two pillows at a time or the load will be uneven and can get the washing machine not to function properly.
- Run the pillows through the rinse cycle an extra time to make sure all the laundry detergent and bleach has been thoroughly rinsed out.
- Place the pillows in the dryer along with a few tennis balls to keep the fibers in the pillows from clumping.
- Stop the dryer every 15 minutes or so and shake the pillows out to help keep them their shape.
- You can also just let the pillows air dry by laying them on a flat surface.