Today I’m going to share with you a great Kitchen Tip
on How to Roast Garlic.
Roasting garlic is something every cook needs to know how to do.
Garlic adds amazing flavor to any recipe…but roasting garlic brings
it to a whole different level of deliciousness.
Roasting garlic in the oven creates a deep nutty flavor that is
perfect to use in a whole assortment of recipes.
- Take a bulb of garlic and cut it in half.
- Remove almost all of the paper surrounding the bulbs of garlic.
- Rub olive oil on the tops of each half and wrap them in aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the bulb of garlic feels soft when you squeeze it.
Allow the garlic to cool so you can touch it without burning yourself.
You can use a knife to push the garlic cloves out or just squeeze with your fingers.
Now, what to do with all this delicious roasted garlic?
- Mash with a fork and add melted butter and spread on top of bread and place under the broiler for a few minutes to get the most delicious garlic bread…
- Mash the roasted garlic into homemade salad dressing.
- Mash it into mashed potatoes.
- Mash into store-bought hummus or other spreads.
- Use in place of raw garlic for soup, stew or casserole recipes.
Here’s a few other recipes that use Roasted Garlic…
Roasted Garlic Dip from The Chef Next Door…
Roasted Garlic Breadsticks from Sweet and Savory by Shinee…
Pasta with Roasted Chicken, Peppers and Garlic from Winelady Cooks…
Roasted garlic can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks or frozen for up to 3 months.