This week I thought I would share with you a Kitchen Tip
on how to make perfect homemade whipped cream.
I love homemade whipped cream and it’s really easy to make!
The taste of homemade whipped cream is delicious
and does not compare to the stuff that comes in a can or a tub.
Homemade Whipping Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Place your bowl and your beaters in the freezer or refrigerator until they are nice and cold. Once they are cold, place the heavy whipping cream and the sugar in the bowl. Using the whisk attachment for your mixer, or using a hand beater, begin to whisk the heavy cream just until it reaches soft peaks. Store the whipped cream in an air-tight container in your refrigerator.
- Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 15 minutes before you begin whisking the heavy cream. You want everything to be as cold as possible. This will help the cream to whip quickly and to increase volume.
- Make sure the bowl and whisk attachment are clean. Any leftover oils will cause your heavy cream not to whip properly.
- Be careful not to over-whip your cream. You want soft peaks, not butter.
- You can flavor your whipped cream with different flavorings, such as extracts, liqueurs, coca powder or spices. Add the flavorings or spices in with the sugar before you begin whipping.
- Leftover whipped cream can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days. It will lose volume, but you can quickly whip it back up.
Now that you know how to make homemade whipped cream,
why not head to the farmer’s market and purchase some fresh strawberries?
Sounds like the perfect dessert to me!
Find more dessert inspiration on our desserts Pinterest board!