Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
Hot Chocolate ~ What could be better then grabbing a warm cup of hot chocolate and wrapping your hands around the cup in the cold of winter? Nothing tastes better then that. Warming your hands and your inside, making the cold go away… smelling that rich deep chocolate smell.
Can’t you just envision it…
Chilled to the bones and a wonderful cup of hot chocolate in your hands.
The only thing that could make it better is to make your own mix instead of buying it. Homemade is always the best. The best part of making homemade mix is that you can also give it away as gifts ~perfect for the holidays.Print
Wonderful creamy hot chocolate mix that you can add flavors to make it perfect for your own taste.
- 3/4 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 cup sugar ( I use Zulka Morena Pure Cane Sugar)
- 1/4 cup cocoa (I use Sweet Ground Ghirardelli Cocoa)
- 1/4 cup Creamy Chocolate Nestle Coffeemate powder
- 1/8–1/4 cup International French Vanilla coffee powder(optional)
- Add all ingredients into food processor and blend until everything is fine.
- You may have to do this in small batches.
- Store in air-tight container.
To make hot chocolate
- Add 3-4 tbsp hot chocolate mix to 1 cup hot water or milk.
- Top with whip cream, peppermint, chocolate shavings…
- Any flavor of Coffeemate and or International Coffee would work depending on what flavour you want your hot chocolate.
- If you add the international coffee powder, your end amount will be larger.
Ingredients you can add to make it even better:
1. Caramel Syrup
3. Cinnamon ground or stick
4. Course Sea Salt – would be great with the Caramel Syrup
5. Fresh Nutmeg
6. Toffee pieces
7. Chocolate pieces – dark, milk chocolate or white
8. Chili pepper to make it spicy
9. Marshmallows (even flavoured ones)
10. Peppermint pieces (Andres has wonderful baking bits that are great for this purpose)
Ideas for gift giving:
Fill a basket with cups, hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, chocolate pieces, caramel bits, candy canes.
Another way is to put the hot chocolate mix in an ornament. Head over to my blog This and That to find out how to make them.
Once you have your hot chocolate mix made you can use it to make a Hot Cocoa Bar .