Christmas is exactly one week from today.
I hope you have all your presents ready to give to your family and friends,
but in case you don’t, today I’m sharing with you an easy and delicious recipe
that you can give as gifts for Christmas.
And yes, there’s plenty of time to put this granola recipe together to deliver to your neighbors and friends.
I love to give and receive homemade tasty treats for the holidays!
Homemade granola makes a great gift that your friends and family will enjoy!
I gave these as gifts last year and everyone loved them.
Get creative! I used simple ball canning jars with simple labels
that I hand wrote the words “Homemade Granola” on and used raffia to complete the gift.
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1/2 cup coconut
- mini chocolate chips, dried fruit, sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/6 cup water (which is 2 TBS plus 2 tsps.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts and coconut.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place the entire mixture on a large baking sheet that has been lined with foil and sprayed or you can use parchment paper.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and stir the granola.
- Then return the pan to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Take the pan out and stir again.
- You will keep doing this until the granola is nice and brown.
- Set your timer! Because, you could forget and end up with a huge mess on your hands.
- NOT that that’s ever happened to me!
- After the granola has cooled down, you can add dried fruit, sunflower seeds,
- mini chocolate chips…whatever you want.
- I added dried cranberries since I was giving this granola as Christmas gifts.