My family seems to have a love/hate relationship with bananas.
Some weeks when I purchase bananas they’re gone in a few days and at other times,
they sit in the basket on the counter top until they turn brown or even black.
What’s a mom to do?
Make banana bread.
There’s no better way to use up those overripe bananas
than to fold them into a delicious banana bread.
As bananas ripen, their sugars intensify and their flavors become bolder.
And when the bananas turn black, they’re even sweeter making for a more delicious banana bread.
Homemade Banana Bread
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Add the sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the mashed bananas.
- Pour into a 4 X 8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack. Remove from pan, slice and serve.