Valentine’s Day will be here before we know it and I really
do like to make something fun and heart shaped for my family
to let them know how much I love them.
We don’t do big gifts for Valentine’s Day.
Most of the time I buy my kids and husband their favorite candy, but I always
try to make something sweet and for the past few years
I’ve been making heart shaped desserts.
These brownies are FUN. You can use a boxed mix but the recipe
I’m sharing today is really easy and yummy!
All you need is a heart shaped cookie cutter and you’ll have a plate of
treats ready for your family!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees .
- Grease a 9-by-9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, melted unsalted butter and salt.
- Whisk in the eggs, 1 at a time.
- Stir in unsweetened cocoa powder and flour.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan and bake until just set, 25 to 30 minutes; let cool.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter once the brownies have cooled.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and sprinkles before serving.