F or me, this grilled salmon with fresh peach salsa is a perfect summer meal. First, it is grilled, and then it is full of fresh summer produce. Being from Georgia, peaches are really big this time of year, and they make wonderful salsa – and a lot of other wonderful things as well. When using peaches in salsa, you are basically replacing the tomatoes with peaches. Obviously, peaches are a bit sweeter than tomatoes, which makes the salsa great with grilled meats. I especially like it with grilled salmon, but it would be good with chicken or pork as well.
- 2 cups peaches, chopped (about 4 or 5 medium peaches)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno, chopped (Please wear gloves to do this! Leave the seeds in if you like it hot, and remove them if you don't.)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 salmon fillets ( about 8 oz. each)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together all ingredients until everything is evenly distributed. Refrigerate while you cook the salmon.
- Heat grill on medium.
- Brush salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill until it flakes easily with a fork.