Is your summer garden overflowing with peas? If not, no worries, this super easy green goddess pea salad recipe can be easily made with frozen peas too!
This is one of my favorite summer salads because it’s perfect to bring to parties and BBQ’s and makes a great side dish for any occasion. I love that you serve it cold so it’s easy to make ahead of time and ready when you are!
This will even make a great dish to bring for Thanksgiving or Christmas Dinner too!
If you haven’t checked out my Easy Green Goddess Salad Dressing Recipe yet, you’ll need to pop over and grab that first, or you can opt to make up your own or purchase ready made Green Goddess Dressing.
Summer Green Goddess Pea Salad Recipe
12 Ounces Frozen Peas
1/2 Pound Turkey Bacon
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3/4 Cup Green Goddess Dressing
1/2 White Onion
Salt and Pepper to Taste
*If turkey bacon isn’t your thing, you can use real bacon
or diced ham sauteed to crisp it a bit!
Take your frozen peas and allow them to thaw. Placing them, in their bag, in the microwave for a minute should remove the frost. If not, run the sealed bag under warm water until the peas have thawed but aren’t cooked.
Begin by chopping your onion into smaller pieces. (however you prefer to eat them.) Set aside.
In a frying pan, cook your bacon but be careful to not make it too crispy. Chop into smaller pieces.
Combine all your ingredients including the bacon, onion, and peas in a large bowl. Mix well.
Allow to chill before serving if desired.
Mmmmm…. I LOVE this easy salad and it’s always a BIG hit!
Print the Green Goddess Pea Salad Recipe!
An easy summer salad with a light and tangy green goddess dressing!
- 12 Ounces Frozen Peas
- 1/2 Pound Turkey Bacon
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/2 White Onion
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Take your frozen peas and allow them to thaw. Placing them, in their bag, in the microwave for a minute should remove the frost. If not, run the sealed bag under warm water until the peas have thawed but aren’t cooked.
- Begin by chopping your onion into smaller pieces, however you prefer to eat them. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, cook your bacon but be careful to not make it too crispy. Chop into smaller pieces.
- Combine bacon, onion, peas, cheese and green goddess dressing (see link to recipe in blog post) into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Allow to chill before serving for best flavor!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 474
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 1213
- Fat: 40
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Unsaturated Fat: 28
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Protein: 19
- Cholesterol: 57
This recipe is super tasty served alongside:
Almond Crusted Chicken Recipe
Pin It For Later!