Green beans are one of my favorite summer vegetables. I usually eat them sauteed in a little olive oil, but sometimes, you need something a little different. And, probably my first go-to for something different with vegetables is some sort of salad. This green bean salad reminds me a bit of the bean salad my mother made when I was young. It really is not the same at all, but there is something about the flavor that brings back that memory.
This is actually the second green bean salad recipe I have made this summer, but they are really different, so they don’t compete with each other much. I used onion powder in this recipe, but if you like onions, you might want to leave it out and put in a fresh onion. I really don’t like onions, and they don’t make me feel good, so I used the powder.
- 12 oz. green beans
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Steam green beans until crisp-tender.
- Toss with red bell pepper.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over beans and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.