This realistic looking gold glitter honey bee slime is super easy and fun to make to play with at home and for gifts!
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- 1/3 tsp Borax
- 1 5 oz Clear Elmer’s Glue
- 1/4 Cup Room Temperature Water
- Food Coloring – I used gel food coloring (I like the different color options it gives me and the awesome color it provides!) The colors that I used were golden yellow and brown.
- Gold Sequins
- Extra fine glitter – I used a mix of two glitters. One was a light golden tan and one was more of a gold.
- Bee Button Embellishments
- 2 Containers for mixing
- 1 Container for storing
- In a plastic container, pour 1 cup of hot water and stir in ⅓ tsp of Borax.
- In a second plastic container, mix ¼ cup water and pour an entire bottle of glue. Mix together gently.
- Add in your mix ins! Add the glitter to your glue mixture.
- Pour in some gold sequins.
- If you want to add some food coloring to get the perfect honey color, add it in now. I like the gel food coloring. It only takes a tiny bit. I literally stick a knife in and whatever sticks is what I add. A little will go a long way! I used a golden yellow and a brown.
- Once the glue mixture is the color you want, add your bees.
- Pour the container of the glue mixture into the water and borax solution.
- Let it sit for 30 seconds. You will see it instantly start to glob up. I use this time to rinse out my first container.
- Reach in and pull out the slime mixture and put it back into your empty container. It will be sticky right now – that’s ok. Knead it for a few minutes. If you need to firm it up, just add a touch of the remaining borax and water mixture.
- Store in an airtight container.
- *Please always use caution when using ingredients such as borax for skin sensitivities. Please use gloves & eye protection for safety.