This is the perfect Christmas Cheesecake. It was absolutely amazing! I was shocked at how creamy this guy was, but also how light it was. Plus, the beautiful cranberry topping put this cake over the top. I am going to make this again! However, I am celebrating Christmas at my aunt’s house and she is lactose intolerant. Maybe cheesecake isn’t the best dessert to bring over there…
Goat Cheese Cheesecake with Cranberry Sauce Topping (adapted from Dash of East)Print
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, browned
- 16 oz low-fat cream cheese
- 12 oz goat cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- zest of one lemon
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 oz fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 and lightly grease a 9 inch spring-form pan.
- Brown butter in a saucepan: over medium heat, melt butter and then continue to swirl for a few minutes or until it is lightly browned and fragrant.
- In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, oats, and brown butter together. Press the mixture into the bottom of your pan. Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and let cool.
- Reduce the oven heat to 325.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese with the goat cheese until well combined. Scrape down sides and add in the sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Beat until well combined. Scrape down sides and mix in the eggs one at a time until well combined. Beat in the vanilla. Scrape down sides and continue to beat for another minute or two. Pour mixture over your crust and bake in the oven for about 60 minutes. Sides should be firm and middle can be slightly wobbly. Remove and let cool. Cover with plastic wrap and let chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Make the cranberry sauce: Place the cranberries, orange juice, sugar, and spices in a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Stir and bring to a boil until all the cranberries have popped. Remove from heat and let cool. Mixture will thicken. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top cheesecake with the cranberry sauce.
- Enjoy 🙂
Originally seen on: BinomialBaker