This gingered orange shrimp is both super easy and deliciously elegant. It would make a great Valentine’s Day dinner because it is fairly impressive, but isn’t too time consuming to make. With Valentine’s Day being on a work day this year, time is important. I served it with rainbow couscous and steamed artichokes, and it made a wonderful meal for two.
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined (I did leave the tails on.)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsps. orange marmalade
- 2 Tbsps. ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsps. cilantro, chopped, plus more to garnish
- Whisk together olive oil, marmalade, ginger, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Pour over shrimp. Stir to coat well.
- Let shrimp marinate, refrigerated, for at least ½ hour.
- Saute shrimp and marinade together in a large skillet over medium heat just until shrimp are done being careful not to over cook.