These garlic Parmesan green beans are just delicious. This is one of my all time favorite side dishes, and with St. Patrick’s Day coming up, I thought it was time to pull it out and share it with you – after all, they are naturally green. In addition to being yummy, these green beans are quick and easy.
The recipe begins with cooking the green beans in a little water. This steams them just a bit, so that you need less oil to cook them in. Less oil means less fat, and when you are watching your calories, that is a good thing.Print
- 3/4 lb. green beans, washed, trimmed, and strung
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- the juice of one lemon
- 1/2 shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place beans in a skillet and add water to the skillet up to about 1/2 inch.
- Cook over medium high heat stirring frequently until beans are crisp tender.
- Add oil, garlic, and lemon juice. Stir and continue cooking until garlic is fragrant.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add Parmesan and cook stirring constantly just until cheese begins to melt. You don’t want it to melt completely and stick to your skillet.