Summer may be winding down, but we still have tomatoes, and there is nothing quite like pasta with fresh tomato sauce. This recipe use a lot of tomatoes. But, don’t let that fool you, they also cook way down, so it turns out not to be nearly as much sauce as you expect. But, that cooking down is what makes it so good! This makes four side dish servings or two entree servings. And, if you have too many tomatoes, it is a great way to use them! I also want to point out that you can use any type of tomato. I used a combination of regular red tomatoes and small yellow pear tomatoes.
- 6 cups chopped tomatoes (I don't peel or seed mine, but you can if you want.)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt or to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large skillet.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, and then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until thickened to your desired consistency. Mine took about 25 mi