- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice sweet potato into 1/8 to 1/4 inch about 3/4 of the way into the potato, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Brush with olive oil trying to get in between the slices. Reserve any remaining oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and separate slices slightly with a knife to get them to fan out a bit. Brush again with remaining oil, or just to spread out the oil that is already there using the knife to help you get it in between the slices better.
- Return to the oven and continue baking for an approximately 30 more minutes or until done.