- 2 lbs. chicken breasts
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
- 3.5 oz. shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (Or more or less depending on how hot you like it.)
- 1/2 lb. kale, chopped
- 8 oz. wide egg noodles
- Place chicken breasts in a large pot.
- Pour chicken broth over the chicken breasts and bring to a boil.
- While the chicken is cooking cut up the vegetables except kale and add to the pot as you go.
- By the time you get all the all the vegetables added, the chicken will probably be cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and cut it into bite sized pieces.
- Add onion powder and cayenne pepper to the vegetables.
- Add kale and cook until wilted.
- Return chicken to the pot and stir in noodles.
- Continue to cook until noodles are done.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 471
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 900
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 39
- Protein: 60
- Cholesterol: 160