- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 15.5 oz. cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk
- 6 oz. coarsely chopped kale, stems removed
- 8 oz. shredded low fat sharp cheddar cheese, plus more to top for serving if desired
- In a large pot, saute garlic in olive oil just until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Stir in vegetable broth and beans.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in nonfat dry milk.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until about half of the beans are pureed. You could also blend about half the soup mixture in a conventional blender.
- Stir in kale and cook until all is hot and kale is wilted.
- Stir in cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with more cheese to top if desired.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 545
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 2070
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 12
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 53
- Protein: 39
- Cholesterol: 66