Summer has arrived and so has the heat. I don’t know about you but when it’s hot outside, the last thing I want to do for summer entertaining is turn on my oven. I’m always looking for easy solutions to feed a crowd with minimal time behind the stove and keeping the oven off.
This super easy recipe for Cherry Dr Pepper Glazed Ham Sandwiches is now one of my very favorite because it’s so easy but tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen. You get the rich flavors of ham that has been slow cooked and basted, but it’s so much simpler than that using deli sliced meat, a dash of brown sugar and a can of special edition flavor Cherry Dr Pepper available at select Safeway and Albertsons stores.
You can make just one easily for snacking or make several by browning your rolls over the BBQ. They taste great hot or cold, so you can even make them up ahead of time and pack them along for a picnic to the park or a fun day at the beach. Grab a few special edition Dr Pepper Vanilla Float flavors as well for the perfect cool drink to pair with it. Check out how simple this recipe is!
Cherry Dr Pepper Glazed Ham Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 2
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 17
- Hoagie Rolls
- Deli Ham
- Brown Sugar (1/2 TBSP per sandwich)
- Cherry Dr Pepper (6 oz per sandwich)
- Place deli ham on top of hoagie roll, approximately 4 slices per roll.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the top of the ham.
- Broil or place on BBQ to toast the rolls and melt the brown sugar.
- In a pot, bring Cherry Dr Pepper to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until liquid is reduced and thickened to about 1/4 original amount (approximately 10 minutes for 12 oz.)
- Pour over toasted ham rolls.
Yes! That’s really all there is to it. Give it a try and spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying your loved ones this summer!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dr. Pepper Snapple Group. The opinions and text are all mine.