- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
- 8 Ounces Rotini Pasta
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 12-Ounce Can Diced Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 8-Ounce Can Tomato Sauce
- 8 Ounces Shredded Mozzarella
- 5 Tablespoons Ricotta Cheese
- 1.5 Ounces Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together your sugar, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and sprinkle the top with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a skillet, brown your hamburger, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Once fully cooked, drain the hamburger of any excess grease.
- Even out the hamburger in the pain and sprinkle your pasta over the top and then pour your tomato mixture evenly over the top of the meat and noodles.
- Pour your water over the top.
- Cover without stirring until it comes to a simmer.
- Once the mixture comes to a simmer, stir the ingredients well and taste to see if you need to add more seasoning. Add more seasoning if it is needed.
- Cover and randomly stir every 5-10 minutes until pasta is nice and soft. Do not keep it very hot, just at a simmer, during this time.
- Once pasta is soft, sprinkle almost all your mozzarella and parmesan cheese over the top and stir.
- Allow cheese to melt then reduce heat even further and put five random drops of your ricotta on the top.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Add a dusting of Italian seasoning.
- Cover for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit covered for about another 5 minutes.