This pasta salad recipe has been a staple in my house for years…it’s a great summertime, BBQ, feed a bunch of people kind of recipe. What I love most about this salad is its versatility; you can pretty much make this recipe however you like. I also love the colors in the salad, with the Rainbow Rotini and fresh vegetables…it reminds me of summer and good times with family and friends. Oh, and did I mention it’s ridiculously easy to make (hence the title)?
Easy Peasy Pasta Salad
- 2 Packages of Rainbow Rotini pasta, cooked al dente according to package directions
- 1 Package of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Medium red onion, diced or finely chopped
- 5–6 Slices of bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled (you can also use bacon bits if you don’t have time to cook bacon, but I prefer the real deal)
- 1 Can sliced black olives
- 1 Bottle of Newman’s Own Italian Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar (approximately-I just eyeball it)
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon seasoned salt
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Cup (about a handful) of parmesan cheese
- There really aren’t a lot of instructions for this recipe; just throw everything into a bowl and mix it up! I like to chill the pasta salad in the fridge for a few hours in order to serve cold, but it’s also good served room temperature or even warmed. I sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the pasta salad right before serving.