- 2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 packages Taco Seasoning Mix 1 mild and 1 spicy
- 2 cans (16oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 package corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- !/4 cup of minced cilantro
- In a large skillet add your ground beef
- Cook on medium-high heat
- Once the meat is cooked drain the fat using a strainer.
- Add in the seasoning mix, tomato sauce and beans.
- Stir to combine
- In a medium bowl add your corn bread mix and follow directions as stated on the box.
- DO NOT BAKE
- Drop ice cream scoops of batter over meat mixture.
- Cook with a lid and cook over medium-low heat.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Top with cheddar cheese .
- Cook on low heat until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 448
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 451
- Fat: 23
- Saturated Fat: 9
- Unsaturated Fat: 11
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Protein: 26
- Cholesterol: 85