We all have those busy days where we need easy and fast recipes to prepare for dinner.
This recipe for chicken enchiladas is just the recipe you need!
It starts out using a rotisserie chicken which means you can have
dinner on the table FAST after a long day of work.
I make these quite often for my family and they love them.
I’ve even made them using leftover taco meat and they’re just as good!
And yes, I can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes following this recipe.
- 1 rotisserie chicken; shredded
- 1/2 package of cream cheese; softened
- 2 cans of enchilada sauce
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese; separated
- 1 small can of chopped jalapenos; optional
- 6 - 8 flour tortillas
- In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken with one can of enchilada sauce and one cup of the cheddar cheese. If you're using the canned jalapenos, add them now also.
- Lay the flour tortillas flat on a cutting board and spread some of the softened cream cheese across the center of each tortilla.
- Spoon some of the chicken mixture on top of each tortilla and roll up tightly.
- Spread some of the enchilada sauce, from the second can, on the bottom of a 9 X 13 casserole dish.
- Lay each rolled up tortilla on top of the sauce until the casserole dish is full.
- Cover with the remaining enchilada sauce and top with the remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 425 for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve these enchiladas with a tossed salad and dinner is served! Don't forget the salsa and sour cream!