Quick and easy is always my motto when it comes to a weeknight dinner. I don’t have a lot of extra time for planning and prep so it really needs to be a simple no frills recipe. I love to use simple resources online to find recipes such as KRAFT recipes. That’s exactly what I did this week and found plenty of easy recipes to choose from!
I picked out a simple recipe for KRAFT Grilled Bruschetta Chicken from the KRAFT website.
The recipe calls for:
KRAFT Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 65
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 Cup KRAFT Sun Dried Tomato Vinegrette Dressing, Divided
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 Cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture, Part-Skim Mozzerella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chopped Basil
- HEAT grill to medium heat.
- PLACE chicken in large resealable plastic bag. Add 2 Tbsp. dressing; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with dressing. Refrigerate 10 min. Remove chicken from bag; discard bag and dressing.
- COVER half the grill grate with sheet of heavy-duty foil. Place chicken on uncovered side of grill grate; grill 6 min. Meanwhile, combine remaining dressing, tomatoes, cheese and basil.
- TURN chicken over; place on foil. Top with tomato mixture. Grill 8 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF).
- Use KRAFT Roasted Red Pepper Italian Dressing instead
- Add Pasta and Veggies
- Top with KRAFT Parmesan Cheese
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 161
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Protein: 31
- Cholesterol: 88
I set out to the store to get all I needed for my recipe. I started in the cheese section of my Safeway store. I found the new KRAFT stand up pouches easily which feature the same 2 cups of cheese in a newly designed, easy stand up pouch. They just happen to be on sale so I picked up a couple packages. ( I love the new design with less packaging and so easy to use while cooking to scoop without a mess!) I chose to mix up my recipe a bit and picked up some Parmesan and Cheddar.
I then headed over to the dressing section to pick up the rest of my ingredients. Well once I saw the Roasted Red Pepper Dressing, I knew I was going to substitute it to replace the Sun Dried Tomato Dressing. I LOVE KRAFT Roasted Red Pepper Italian Dressing and knew it would be wonderful in this recipe! This inspired me to mix things up a bit further and I decided to add some pasta and veggies to make it a complete and filling meal!
I simply marinated my chicken in the dressing and baked it until it was cooked through. For my pasta, I sauteed my veggies, added some cooked whole grain pasta and the salad dressing and then topped it all with the Parmesan Cheese from KRAFT. Super quick and easy. It also tasted amazing if I do say so myself!
If you need some new ideas, KRAFT AND Safeway Just For You will get you inspired to cook up amazing dishes!