I don’t know anyone that doesn’t like S’mores. It has been a must have for every camping trip for as long as I can remember. S’mores mean spending time with family and friends, lots of laughs and giggle, and good stories around a campfire. Now, I know I am suppose to be talking about Easter and not camping, but it is hard not to when you are talking about S’mores. Camping and Easter do have one thing in common, they both bring family and friends together.
We all know that Easter isn’t really about bunny rabbits, but this is still a fun gift to put together. You just need a couple ingredients, plus a mason jar, some cute ribbon, and a little note that includes the directions.
Easter Bunny S’mores In A Jar
- 1 sleeve of Graham Crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 8 Marshmallow Peeps
- 1 1/4 cups Easter M&M’s
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- Layer 2/3 of the crumbs on the bottom of a 1 quart jar.
- Stand bunny marshmallow peeps, facing out around the inside of the jar. Slightly press them up against the jar.
- Spoon the remaining graham cracker crumbs in the center of the jar. Press down to keep it snug. This will help support the bunnies.
- Pour the Easter M&M’s on top of that, and then carefully spoon the brown sugar into the center of the M&M’s. Gently press the brown sugar with the back of a spoon.
- Put the lid on the jar and decorate.
Attach a gift tag to the jar with the following instructions
- Easter Bunny S’mores
- Empty the contents of the jar into a bowl, Snip bunnies in bits or leave whole. Mix well.
- Melt 1/2 cup Butter, add 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, and pour over dry ingredients, mix well. Pat into a greased 9 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
- *If you leave the bunnies whole, place them on top of the mixture, and then bake as above.