DIY Dog Wipes
- Prep Time: 5
- Yield: 1 1x
- Old Wipes Tub
- Roll of Paper Towels
- 2 ½ Cups Water
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Liquid Soap (I used Dawn)
- 3 Tablespoons Hydrogen Peroxide (not a high percentage and optional)
- In a bowl, combine your water, coconut oil, liquid soap, and peroxide if desired.
- Beat with a utensil like you would eggs until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Using a sharp knife, cut your paper towels in half. It’s not super easy to do but not as hard as it sounds either.
- You’ll need to remove the roll in the middle of the paper towel after cutting. Just pinch as far down as possible, squeeze, and tug a bit at a time. You want the middle of the paper towels to come up but not too far.
- Now, measure your paper towel roll to the canister. Is it too tall? Is it too thick? Cut more off or remove a few paper towels until it fits better. A tight fit is ok because the water will make it shrink a bit.
- Once your paper towels are in the canister, pour your water mixture into the canister and the paper towels will begin to soak it all up.
- Place the lid on and use as needed!
- If you would like your dog to have a cleaner lasting scent, feel free to add 5 drops of lavender essential oil. This is safe for dogs.