Continuing with series on Italian Recipes,
today we have a delicious recipe for Chicken Cacciatore.
But this is an EASY recipe.
AND it uses your crock pot, so you can put this recipe together
in the morning and have your dinner ready for you when you walk in the door
after a crazy day of work or running around with the kids.
Oh and be prepared for a wonderful smell to
greet you as you walk in the door.
You can find the original recipe HERE on Skinny Taste’s Blog.
I changed it just a little bit with what I had on hand.
Skinny Taste recommends browning the chicken and the vegetables
before adding them to the crock pot.
I completely forgot to do that and everything still tasted really good!
During the last hour of cooking, remove the crock pot lid so the sauce can thicken…
Serve over cooked pasta or egg noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
and you have a delicious meal for any night of the week…
- 2 to 4 chicken breasts
- 1 bag of frozen peppers and onions
- 1– 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- Add the chicken to the crock pot and then the vegetables, salt and pepper.
- Add the oregano and bay leaf.
- Pour the can of crushed tomatoes on top.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- And then remove the lid and continue cooking until the sauce thickens; about another hour.
- The original recipe calls for browning the meat in a pan on top of the stove. I have never done this and the chicken comes out amazing.