- 2 lbs. chicken breasts with ribs and skin
- 1 48 oz. box chicken broth
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 12 oz. button mushrooms sliced
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken breasts in a large pot. Pour broth over chicken breasts. If the broth doesn’t cover the chicken, add a little water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Stir in garlic and onion and simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from broth and allow to cool enough to touch. Remove meat from the bone and discard bones and skin.
- Put the chicken back in the broth and cook on low, while you cook the mushrooms.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add to the soup.
- Make a slurry out of the flour and a little water and add to broth. Turn the temperature back up to high and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream and cook until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 775
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 1025
- Fat: 42
- Saturated Fat: 23
- Unsaturated Fat: 15
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Protein: 81
- Cholesterol: 305