These cranberry gingerbread muffins are just incredible. They would be a perfect Thanksgiving breakfast or better yet, the day after when you can use up your leftover cranberry sauce. They don’t take long at all to put together and would be a quick, warm, and delicious welcome after your early morning Black Friday shopping.
The recipe is for a gingerbread muffin that has cranberry sauce swirled through it and then is topped with a cinnamon oat streusel. You can’t get much better than that for holiday flavors. I used homemade cranberry sauce, but pretty much any cranberry sauce or relish would work. The recipe I used is the same one I used to top my cranberry shortcakes and can be found within that recipe here. And, they are super moist. You don’t really even need to butter them! Hope you enjoy!
Cranberry Gingerbread Muffins
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (11/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Muffins: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line the cups of a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Stir together 1/2 cup dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, egg yolk, and milk.
- Stir baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves into milk mixture, whisking until well combined.
- Stir in flour and butter mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberry sauce.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full.
- Top each muffin with a little of the topping mixture (See topping instructions below.).
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Topping: Stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter.