It’s a very exciting holiday today! Today is National Coffee Cake Day! This is a great day because it celebrates two of my favorite things…coffee and cake! I can’t start my day off without coffee and this coffee cake is perfect for breakfast or a light treat. It is made with yogurt so it is moist, but still light! Plus, I used whole wheat flour to make it even healthier for breakfast. The delicious taste of cinnamon is so strong and everyone who tried this cake found it to be a huge hit! Go ahead, make this cake, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!
Please comment below if you have a favorite coffee cake to share. I love to get new recipes and ideas!
Yogurt Coffee Cake
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cup sugar
8 oz. non-fat vanilla yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 heaping tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp all spice
pinch of salt
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 10 inch tube pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, all spice, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, yogurt, vanilla, and eggs until well combined. Beat in the dry ingredients until just combined and then mix in the chocolate chips.
4. In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients together.
5. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle half of the topping ingredients on top. Pour the rest of the batter in and sprinkle the rest of the topping on top. Bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.