One of our favorite cool weather drinks is Drinking Chocolate. It is different than hot chocolate as it is not made with Cocoa, but with real dark chocolate. The heavy cream and milk make it so rich that you can only have a small serving. I love to play with mine and mix it up while my hubby likes his in the original recipe. Cinnamon Whipped Dark Drinking Chocolate is one of my favorite varieties that I recently cooked up in my brand new Anolon Pot.
I have made this recipe several times and let me tell you that I am SO in love with this Anolon Pot. The chocolate melted so smoothly and even without any lumpy chunks at the bottom. I was so excited about this little detail!
Now… Take a peek at my favorite drink (I like the alcoholic version, but I will give you an non-alcoholic option too)
Cinnamon Whipped Dark Drinking Chocolate
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 ounces Dark Chocolate Chopped (I used 72% dark)
- 16 oz. Whipped Cream Flavored Vodka
- ** Non-Alocoholic Option: Use 1 tsp Vanilla Creamer per serving
- Stir Milk and Whipping Cream into medium pot and heat over medium.
- Place Chocolate into milk mixture.
- Whisk until chocolate is melted and milk mixture is warmed through.
- Place 2 ounces of Dark Drinking Chocolate into a small cup.
- Add 2 ounces of Whipped Vodka or about 1 tsp of Vanilla Creamer.
- Top with a dash of cinnamon.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 337
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 26
- Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 11
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 45
What are some of your favorite Fall cool weather drinks? Please share your ideas in the comments!
Enter Below for your chance to win a complete set of Anolon Cookware to try yourself!