Chocolate Espresso Waffles
Are you a breakfast eater?
Do you like to make special breakfasts?
I make breakfast often during the week and one of our favorite recipe is waffles. I like to put different flavours into my waffles and this is one of my favorites as it has both chocolate and coffee in it. What could go wrong if you have Chocolate Espresso Waffles in the morning?
A wonderful Belgium waffle that is made with chocolate and coffee. A great way to start your morning.
- 2 eggs separated
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp espresso powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa (I used Ghirardelli Cocoa)
- 1 cup milk
- Separate yolks and whites in 2 different bowls.
- Whip whites until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, add all ingredients except the egg whites and beat until mixed well.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Using your waffle maker, added dough and bake per recommended by manufacture.
- I just use a spoon to mix all my ingredients and then fold in the egg whites.
I served these waffles with fresh strawberries that I bought from the Farmer’s Market and whip cream. I also drizzled some salted caramel sauce that I received from The Caramel Jar. I have a Belgium Waffle Maker but any type of waffle maker would work. This recipe would also make a great recipe as the waffles taste like a cake.
How about making this recipe for someone special over the 4th of July weekend.
We have more waffle recipes here at the Daily Dish Magazine.
Items to help you with your waffle making….