Chocolate Chai Milkshake
Did you know that today is National Chocolate Milkshake Day?
Milkshakes are enjoyed by just about everyone, at any time, even in the dead of winter.
Fun Facts about Milkshakes
1. Milkshakes started out as alcoholic drinks in 1885.
2. In 1922 milkshakes started by adding ice cream to old fashion malt drinks.
3. Other names for this drink can be thick shake or frappe.
4. By the 1950’s you could buy milkshakes in places like Woolworth, lunch counters, diner and drugstore fountains.
5. You could tell where to buy them by the stainless steel or chrome milkshake machines.
6. In 2006 the reduced sugar, low fat milkshakes were developed for lunch programs.
Wouldn’t it be fun to sit at a counter like this one and have a milkshake?
What flavour would you order?
To celebrate National Chocolate Milkshake day I decided to spice it up a bit and make a Chocolate Chai one.