Phoenix and Scottsdale are known for having some of the best restaurants and bars in Arizona and the United States, and one of my favorite bars is The Jade Bar located in The Sanctuary Resort atCamelback Mountain. The Sanctuary Resort is a beautiful hotel resort located amidst Camelback Mountain. Camelback Mountain is a popular desert attraction because of its beautiful red rock formations and many hiking trails.
The Jade Bar is a classy, yet casual bar where patrons can relax on comfortable chairs and sofas while enjoying a spectacular view of Camelback Mountain, and sip on some of the best cocktails in the valley. The Jade Bar has its own unique cocktail menu that changes regularly. Many of the cocktails are invented by the bartenders themselves; bartenders at The Jade Bar are encouraged to create their own signature drinks which can be served on the cocktail menu. Coming from a former bartender, this is definitely a great perk to being a bartender at The Jade Bar.
Some friends and I recently went to The Jade Bar before dinner reservations to have a cocktail, and one of the drinks on the menu was a Cantaloupe Martini. I fell in love. And if you know me from previous cocktail recipes, when I fall in love with a cocktail I simply have to create it myself so I can enjoy it any time I want. The cool thing about this cocktail is that there is nothing cantaloupe flavored in the drink; it’s all about the combination of flavors that makes it taste just a cantaloupe in a glass!
- Two ounces of vodka
- One ounce of watermelon liqueur
- Juice from one lime wedge
- Two ounces of orange juice
- Fill a drink shaker with ice and add all of the ingredients. Shake vigorously and strain into a martini glass to serve
- Watermelon liqueur is not the same as watermelon pucker or watermelon schnapps, and it can't be substituted for watermelon vodka (I tried, it didn't taste good). I used Marie Brizard Watermelon Liqueur which I was able to find at Total Wine.