Butter Garlic Breaded Shrimp
We love shrimp and I make it very often in our household. I prefer to have shrimp breaded then just plain. The only problem about making shrimp is that my hubby like his crispy, so frying it is the only way he likes it. I have been trying to find something that isn’t fried and finally found a breaded shrimp that got a thumbs up. This recipe is full of lots of flavor with butter, Parmesan cheese and garlic. I served it with a salad and Strawberry Poppy seed Vinaigrette.
I am lazy and buy my shrimp peeled and deveined but you can do it yourself and there are a lot of different websites like this one that show you how to do it.
A wonderful breaded shrimp baked with flavours of butter, garlic and Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/8 cup minced onions
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp espresso coffee (or strong coffee)
- Peel and devein shrimp if not already done.
- In medium bowl mix bread crumbs, cheese, salt, garlic and onions
- Add butter, lemon juice and coffee and mix well.
- Coat shrimp with bread crumb mixture as well as you can.
- If you have leftover bread crumb, coat bottom of shallow pan with the crumbs, line shrimp on pan and add bread crumbs to the top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 or until shrimp are cooked
- Put pan under broiler for 1 -2 minutes, watching not to burn crumbs
- Next time I make this I am going to dip the shrimp in a beaten egg and then into the crumb mixture, it may be easier to coat the shrimp