Chicken and Broccoli Braid
I always keep a tin or two or Pillsbury crescent rolls in my fridge. Another thing I usually have is some cooked chicken diced up in my freezer and a bag of frozen broccoli. That way I can make up this recipe quickly. It can be made up for a quick snack or served with a salad for lunch or a light dinner.
- 2 tubes 8 oz crescent rolls (I use Pillsbury)
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (can use a variation of cheddar, mozzarella, Colby Jack)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Greek seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- extra cheese and Greek seasoning for top of braid
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In bowl, mix chicken, broccoli, cheese, onion, mayo, greek seasoning, salt.
- On cookie sheet covered with baking mat or parchment paper, spread both tins of crescent roll into a large rectangle. Roll out dough so there are no perforation.
- With knife cut one inch strips on both sides leaving about 1/3 of the dough uncut in the middle.
- Spread chicken & broccoli mixture in the middle.
- Alternating sides, bring strips to meet in the middle over chicken and broccoli mixture. Tuck ends to seal the braid.
- Whisk egg and spread over braid.
- Sprinkle extra cheese and Greek Seasoning over braid.
- Bake in 375 degree oven until golden brown about 25-28 minutes.
- I have used many different types of cheeses.
- This is great with a salad or soup.
- I have also used frozen broccoli instead of fresh and it tastes the same.
- Great way to use leftover chicken.
Here is a picture to help you with the step by step of cutting the strips and braiding. I hope that this will help with making the braid.