- 2.5 lb. pork butt/shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon course sea salt
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 3/4 cup Crabbie’s Alcoholic Ginger Beer
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- cabbage slaw, carrot chips, and kimchi (I got mine in the produce section of the grocery store) for garnish (optional)
- Rub pork with garlic, sea salt, and soy sauce.
- Place pork in a small slow cooker.
- Pour in the BBQ sauce and ginger beer.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Once tender and cooked through, remove from the slow cooker and place on a plate.
- Use two forks to shred the pork.
- Return to the slow cooker and stir completely to cover in all the juices.
- Keep on warm until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, place pork on buns topped with cabbage slaw, carrots, and kimchi if desired.
- Pork is also delicious as a topper on nachos, in tacos, or by itself!
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 469
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 953
- Fat: 19
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 11
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Protein: 44
- Cholesterol: 139