Here’s another fun recipe shared with us from Crabbie’s Alcoholic Ginger Beer via The Cookie Rookie. These Garlic Ginger Pulled Pork Sandwiches are perfect for holiday parties or for backyard get-togethers!
The prep is super fast and easy, just toss it all in the crock pot and forget it. Pull it all together come time to serve. So Simple!
Garlic Ginger Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 2.5 lb. pork butt/shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon course sea salt
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 3/4 cup Crabbie’s Alcoholic Ginger Beer
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- cabbage slaw, carrot chips, and kimchi (I got mine in the produce section of the grocery store) for garnish (optional)
- Rub pork with garlic, sea salt, and soy sauce.
- Place pork in a small slow cooker.
- Pour in the BBQ sauce and ginger beer.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Once tender and cooked through, remove from the slow cooker and place on a plate.
- Use two forks to shred the pork.
- Return to the slow cooker and stir completely to cover in all the juices.
- Keep on warm until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, place pork on buns topped with cabbage slaw, carrots, and kimchi if desired.
- Pork is also delicious as a topper on nachos, in tacos, or by itself!
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 469
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 953
- Fat: 19
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 11
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Protein: 44
- Cholesterol: 139