Almost all blueberry muffins are tasty, but these are extra delicious. They have a few things that set them apart from your average blueberry muffin. First, the recipe uses butter instead of oil like most muffins, and I always think butter is better. Then they are very slightly lemon flavored. You know, just a touch, not enough to be a lemon muffin, but enough to compliment the blueberries perfectly. And, lastly, they are sprinkled with sugar just before baking, giving them nice crunchy, sweet, tops. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsps. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line the cups of a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk together sugar, butter, egg, egg yolk, milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Whisk in baking powder, baking soda, and salt, whisking until well combined.
- Stir in flour, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean.