These Blueberry Lemon Pancakes are so easy to make and packed full of fresh flavor!
Summer is coming and that means I will start seeing more and more blueberries at the market. They are one of my very favorite fruits from breakfast to dessert. I have always love blueberry pancakes, my dad used to make them all the time for us growing up.
I’ve since found a way to enjoy these pancakes with my family and to share with yours!
Since many pancake recipes are very similar, I start with the “Simply Perfect Pancakes” base found at King Arthurs Flour website. I simply add a bit of lemon zest and blueberries as I’m cooking them on the griddle.
For a fun topping, try blending fresh blueberries with vanilla yogurt for a creamy twist!
Blueberry Lemon Pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk*
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar OR 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- Zest of 1/2 lemon (or 1 tsp lemon juice)
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- Start by making the “Simply Perfect Pancakes” as directed o
- n the King Arthur Flour website. (see link above)
- Fold in lemon zest or lemon juice
- Add blueberries individually to the batter after pouring batter into pan
- To make topping, blend vanilla yogurt and blueberries in a blender until smooth. Add a touch of sugar if you like yours a bit sweeter!
- *Use 1 cup milk if you’re baking under hot, humid conditions, or if you’re going to let the batter rest longer than 15 minutes. Use up to 1 1/4 cups milk in cold, dry conditions.
- Do not add blueberries into batter in bowl. The juice will bleed turning your batter purple and changing the consistency. Add blueberries to each pancake while cooking for best results.