Basil Walnut Chicken
I have been trying to eat cleaner and more healthier. A couple of months ago while at my hairdresser’s I found out that she was a Beachbody coach and that she was having a Clean Eating Challenge. She provided us with recipes to use for 5 days and to substitute our breakfast with a Shakeology drink. One of the recipes that she provided us with was called Basil Chicken. I am not sure where she got the recipe from but I decided to use California Walnuts instead of the Pine Nuts in the original recipe and called my recipe Basil Walnut Chicken.
This recipe for Basil Walnut Chicken is very moist and flavourful and even better the second day.
A wonderful moist chicken with lots of flavour
- 1/3 cup basil fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp California Walnuts
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, fat free, low sodium
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 16 oz chicken breast boneless/skinless, raw
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray a shallow baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or use a baking mat.
- In a food processor combine the basil leaves, walnuts, broth, garlic, olive oil, thyme, pepper and salt, and process until pureed.
- Rub both sides of each chicken breast with the basil walnut mixture and place chicken in baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Serve each person one chicken breast
- Each serving of chicken breast should be about 3-4 ounces.
- Enjoy with a salad.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 266
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Protein: 36
- Cholesterol: 96
I have been doing the clean eating and shakeology shake with exercising for 5 weeks and have noticed a big difference. I found it helps to have a coach that is motivated and wants you to succeed. I am now doing the 21 Day Fix with Beachbody and am enjoying it. I have more energy and feel healthier, have lost weight and inches.
I have not been contact by Beachbody to endorse their products or website but have found that it works for me to help lose weight, eat healthier and be more accountable to myself.
Here are some more great chicken recipe on the Daily Dish Magazine.