Since our Crispy Buffalo Tofu recipe is one of our most popular recipes here at Daily Dish Magazine, I thought I’d share with you an alternative way to cook it that I have used myself. This Baked Buffalo Tofu Recipe isn’t a crispy breaded recipe, it comes out very firm and could be used in sandwiches or tastes great dipped in some blue cheese dressing. I think of them like little Mock Boneless Buffalo Wings. I really love to cut it up and place it on salads as well. Even your non-tofu-eating friends will enjoy this recipe. Both recipes will taste different so I highly encourage you to make both.
I like a strong and spicy flavor so I always add just a bit more Franks Red Hot on mine!
Baked Buffalo Tofu Recipe
- 1 Block Extra Firm Tofu
- Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Open and drain Tofu
- Press off excess fluid (use tofu press or place in container, cover with wax paper and place something heavy on top for at least an hour)
- Drain again.
- Slice in to 1/4 inch thick slices (or whatever shape you want it to be)
- Place in container and cover with Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce (same principle applies to whatever marinade you choose)
- Let marinate for at least one hour
- Remove from marinade and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 350 turning and recoating with leftover marinade every 20 minutes.
- Bake until edges are browned and dried (60-90 minutes depending on thickness of slices)
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 141
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Protein: 15
- Cholesterol: 27