I recently had the joy of driving a brand new 2013 Kia Sportage SX around sunny Californ-i-a! Lucky me right! Since food and travel go hand and hand, I thought I would tell you all a little about my ride and one our favorite place to eat on our trip!
A Kia Sportage and The Rainforest Cafe
First let me tell you a bit about this awesome car I got to drive for the week: 2013 Kia Sportage SX. THIS is why as a “mom” I Love it!
1. The looks (yes-looks matter to me) Sleek and Sporty – Not too big and not too small.
2. Roomy – the kids had lots of room to themselves with extra space for all of their “stuff”
3. Fun to Drive – although it is a “crossover” it feels like you are driving a car. Smooth and easy to maneuver.
4. Safety First – Tons of safety features which you can see in detail at the Kia website. 5 stars by NADA in all categories except a 4 star in rollover. Still very good!
5. Practical & Economical – The price is very affordable for all that you are getting out of the rig. The gas mileage is also excellent with an estimated 21-28 MPG. Awesome!
6. Super Comfy! – Like I said, we took this car everywhere, and nobody ever complained about the ride.
Want ALL the details on the 2013 Kia Sportage SX? Then head over to Kia Website for the full breakdown! Here is just the start of what you get on a standard 2013 Kia Sportage XS
Exterior Standard Options: 18″ Tires with Alloy Wheels, Body Colored Bumpers with Chrome Garnish, Chrome Body/Side Moldings, Sculpted Side Sill Moldings, Chrome Door Handles, Black and Chrome Front Grille, Body Colored Power Mirrors with Turn Signals, Power Folding Side Mirrors, Auto Light Control, Projection Headlights, Front Fog Lights, LED Daytime Running Lights, Front/Rear Intermittent Wipers, Front Solar and Rear Privacy Glass, Rear Spoiler, Roof Rails and Dual Chrome Exhaust.
Interior Standard Options: Premium “Infotainment” System, Rear Camera Display (Backup Camera) and HD Radio, Back Up Warning System, USB/Aux Jacks, Bluetooth, Supervision Meter Cluster, Trip Meter, Push Button Start, Power Windows and Doors, Dual Auto Climate with Air Filter, and much more…
Seating: Leather Seating Package with A/C or heated drivers seat with adjustable lumbar support, Heated passenger seat, Bench back seat with fold down cup holder/arm rest.
Engine: 2.0 Liter Turbocharged DOHC w/CVVT inline 4 cylinder Aluminum Block and Heads, 260 HP at 6,000 rpm
Now… the all important question. Just HOW AFFORDABLE is it? Well with the base model starting at $19,000 and the SX starting at $26,900 it is VERY affordable.
Now… Let me tell you about the Rainforest Cafe!
We actually went to two different Rainforest Cafe’s while in Southern Cali. We first ate at the one in “Downtown Disney” then again at another in Ontario, California at the “Ontario Mills Mall”
This place is so much fun for all ages. It is a jungle themed restaurant complete with animated animals and thunderstorms approximately every 3o minutes. Each one is a little bit different but all feature giant tropical fish tanks, fountains, animals and authentic jungle feel.
The food? Well, the food is wonderful and fairly priced. Plenty of options on the kids menu, lunch and dinner choices for the adults and even a few Vegetarian options!
If you get a chance, I highly recommend you bring your family for a little jungle fun!
To find a Rainforest Cafe near you, visit the Rainforest Cafe Website for more info!
- Kia Sportage and Sorento Ranked Top in Class for Best Value (sys-con.com)
- Our Cars: 2013 Kia Sportage SX Turbo Has Pep in Its Step (wot.motortrend.com)
- Sorento and Sportage named as “Best Values” (kefferautomotivenews.com)
I have been to a Rainforest Cafe in AZ. Absolutely loved it!! And of course I had to pick up my normal coffee cup (a must when traveling). That way my memories are locked into my morning cup of coffee.