Spring is just the right time to get your home in tip-top shape, and if you haven’t started thinking about spring cleaning already, here’s a little help to get you more organized and to help you do things in the right way. Read on to discover 10 super successful spring cleaning tips!
- Prepare a schedule: It is always a good idea to chalk out a plan about which areas of your home need to be cleaned the most and how and when you’ll clean each area. Creating a schedule makes it a lot easier and less stressful.
- Start by decluttering: Decluttering and letting go of all the things that you don’t need or haven’t used in a while is a great first step for a successful spring cleaning schedule.
- Work from top to bottom: Start by cleaning the ceiling and then work your way down to the bottom. This will help you clean better since all the debris and waste will finally come down to the bottom, and you’ll end up with a squeaky clean house.
- Focus on the walls and windows too: A lot of us tend to ignore this one, but dust does settle on the walls and windows of your home too.
- Invest in a HEPA vacuum: This vacuum doesn’t just clear the dust, but also removes all impurities and allergens from the air, leaving you with a fresh home.
- Take care of your furniture: When cleaning or moving your furniture, make use of soft no-scratch cloths to avoid any scratches or damage to it.
- Be green: Try to make use of environment friendly and green cleaning products as much as you can when it comes to spring cleaning. You can also consider making your own cleaning agents.
- Head on to the bathroom and the kitchen: Most of us tend to ignore or let go of cleaning these rooms, but they, in fact, need the most attention during spring cleaning. Keep them on your priority list.
- Don’t ignore the air: Make sure you also replace your HVAC filters and focus on maintaining the quality of your indoor air.
- Follow the safety rules: Make sure you follow all the safety rules and regulations especially if you’re suffering from allergies. Wear all protective equipment at all times for a safe spring cleaning experience.
Check out these great tips too!