It’s summer and we are all trying to stay fit, trim and healthy. Alter Eco Foods was kind enough to share a fantastic recipe to make that just a little bit easier for you. Take a peek at this super easy Rainbow Summer Quinoa Salad. It doesn’t get much easier than this. Happy Healthy Eating!
Rainbow Summer Quinoa Salad
- 1 1/2 cups Alter Eco Rainbow Quinoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup tightly packed basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 or 2 lemons)
- Rinse Quinoa thoroughly in cool water and drain.
- In a medium saucepan combine quinoa, salt and 3 cups water.
- Bring to boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn, cover and cook until water is absorbed.
- Let cool, then transfer mixture to large serving bowl.
- Toss well with fork, fluffing
- quinoa. Add basil, peppers and onion.
- Stir in oil and enough lemon juice to give salad a distinct lemony edge.
- Adjust seasons to taste.
For more great info on Alter Eco Foods, visit the official website: Alter Eco Foods